Wednesday, October 28, 2009

9 Weeks



According to http://www.babycenter.com/ the baby is the size of a grape this week. In honor of Halloween I thought "Grape-Man" would be an appropriate image!

New with the baby:
The baby's heart is finishing dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form -- as do tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. Murphy will be so sad to hear that the tail is gone!

Weight gain:
I think I am holding steady - but ooooh the bloating. The jeans are VERY snug.

What I am craving:
Hmmm nothing so much this week. Just food - and lots of it. Chocolate has started to come back into my life. I really wasn't caring for it - would rather have more tart sweets.

How I am feeling:
Mostly good - but I have my moments. Tired, headachy, tired, hungry, weepy, tired...

Running & Exercise:

Let's see, since last Wednesday...
Thursday: slept in - soooo tired
Friday: Ran six miles with the girls
Saturday: Ran 11 miles - oooh it was too hot! It was in the 70s when we started the run and very humid. I had the realization that I am going to be the mom here and that I already have to start being responsible. I knew I could keep up with my friends but I didn't know if I SHOULD be keeping up with them. So I trailed behind and walked a bit here and there.
Sunday: Walked an hour with my friend Tricia from Dayton who was in town for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. What a cool event!
Monday: didn't have time to swim so I went in and lifted for 40 minutes and then did the elliptical for 20
Tuesday: ran 6 miles with my friends - tried out my friend Brooke's heart rate monitor. Very interesting contraption. I am going to set a goal of keeping the heart rate around 150bpm. I feel at that rate I can still keep a conversation going which seems to be the new guideline for running while pregnant.
Wednesday: slept in - soooo tired

I am still feeling a bit guilty when skipping a workout - especially since I have been eating so abundantly lately. But I can tell the guilt levels are becoming less and less...

Great moment this week:
I think its how excited Rick is for this baby. You know I really thought he would be like this. He loves his nieces and nephews so much and loves being with them. However he would always say things like - oooh we can't have a baby - so I guess I really didn't know! Now, I think at times he is more excited than me! It really makes me happy to have such an eager partner in this crazy thing called parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment