Friday, October 16, 2009

Week 7

On Wednesday the 14th I officially was 7 weeks along. According to the babycenter.com website, the baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long - or as big as a blueberry!



Some changes in the baby include that hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs. Technically, the baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of the tailbone.

How I'm feeling:
Mostly okay...though I feel at periods throughout the day like I have a big ol' hangover. The stomach is a little queasy and I have a headache and there can be some food aversions. Eating something does usually help a lot of these feelings go away which I find weird.

What I'm craving:
SALT!!! Boy I am loving me some salty foods and to tell you the truth, they are about the only thing calling to me right now. I am going to have to get this under control sometime soon but right now Cheez-its and french fries taste sooooooo good.

Running & Exercise:
Before I found out I was pregnant, I was training for the Kiawah Marathon on December 12th. My running was actually giving me one sign that something was different. I couldn't keep up with the group anymore and my runs were really suffering. I talked about my running with the doctor I saw on the 7th and she actually okayed the marathon. She said I would have to be really careful and hydrate and just listen to my body...I am going to do all that but at the half marathon distance instead. I have definitely slowed down - not necessarily by choice. I have also reduced the number of running days per week from 5 to 4 and have added swimming/lifting days. I am listening to what my body is telling me!

Missing stuff:
I do miss having a beer or wine - but its more the idea of it. Think of ways to celebrate your birthday with no drinking is hard - well it is when its just something you've always done. But overall my stomach is so wacky - I don't miss the actual stuff right yet. It is definitely more the idea of it...and feeling left out in some way. I am still trying to figure out what I can and can't eat - but still I only want certain things so I don't feel real deprived in that area either. Caffeine has been an easy one to give up - but I really didn't drink that much to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment