Friday, November 20, 2009

All is well so the cat's out of the bag!


image from alphamom.com

So Rick and I went to visit with the nurse practicioner yesterday at my ob/gyn's office. She was a very funny person with a very laid back way of looking at things. I suppose I am not the only pregnant chick she sees every day! They told me right away that we would be hearing the heartbeat so I was relieved that I wouldn't have to pull the crazy pregnant lady act out. I got weighed and I lost a pound since I was there four weeks ago which is funny considering all of the cookies I have been eating lately! I am sure there is some increased calorie burnage from all the body changes I have been going through plus my running.

The appointment was mostly business oriented. Asking family medical history questions and telling me what I can't eat and what medicines I cannot take. Then finally we got to the good part. Now it didn't take long but she couldn't immediately find the heartbeat which was making me a bit anxious. It doesn't help that my hormones have gone so crazy that I can cry at just about anything. When she finally did find that heatbeat though it was magic! I was so relieved. Rick had a big grin on his face. Hooray, there is something still in there!

Sooooo, we feel good about letting the cat out of the bag so to speak. I have started to get around to calling the girlfriends that I have been dying to tell over the last six weeks. I told my co-workers this morning and they were so excited, it was almost like a party. They also promised to make fun of me when I start to waddle around here. Aren't they nice!?

Last night after the doctor's appointment, we went to our friend's tailgate for the Panthers game. We got a chance to spill the beans to some of the people there as well. They admitted that they thought I was being a bit suspicious lately with my non-drinking ways! We also got some awesome free tickets to the game which was nice - except that the Panthers are stinking it up this year and lost the game. The best part was I got an excuse though to eat some crappy stadium food which was so delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment