Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Week 11

New with the baby:
According to babycenter.com the baby is just over 1 1/2 inches long and is the size of a fig (geez I don't even know what a fig looks like - how about a fig newton?) and is now almost fully formed. The hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear and some of the bones are beginning to harden. The baby is already busy kicking and stretching, though I won't be able to feel it for another month or two (awh man!).

How I am feeling:
Remember how I was saying I was feeling really good lately? Well I have to take away the really good and modify it to good sometimes but mostly tired, sometimes nauseous and have I said tired? I have gotten a bit of a twinge in my ab muscle. I feel like I have pulled it. I felt it a bit after my long run the previous week and then not much the rest of the week but then after that half marathon it was pretty intense. I am convinced that it is muscular as it doesn't hurt when I am sitting, laying down or even standing still. Sudden twisting motions or changes in direction make it twinge.

Running & Exercise:

Thursday: didn't feel like swimming so I went and did the elliptical for 30 minutes and then tried one of the cardio lifting classes at the YMCA. It was kind of nice and I think I will try to go a few more times until I am told not to lay on my back anymore.
Friday: Ran 5 miles with Murphy. He did awesome but got mad at me when I walked a few times on the run. He didn't limp at all after that!
Saturday: Ran the half marathon and ran around setting up a wedding then boogied at a friend's wedding - see my Busy Day post
Sunday: Nuttin - I have decided to take this week off of running to see if the ab feels better after that
Monday: Nuttin again!
Tuesday: Swam 30 minutes, lifted 30 minutes, walked Murph for 25 minutes
Wednesday: We have the tropical storm, Ida, in town and she encouraged me this morning to stay in bed. What a nice gal! But boy, am I lazy this week!

Great moment this week:
Today is Rick and my 3 year anniversary! Its a great feeling being married to your best friend. Look for another post about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment