Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Blue or Pink?


I have to admit that this is all I have been thinking about for the past few days. Do we have a HE in there or a SHE in there? We will of course be very happy either way - we want healthy! However...with my planning mind and Rick's aversion to secrets we must know and know soon! I think it will be good to have the last five months to get used to the idea of whichever sex baby is in there.

We have had a poll set up on the blog for about a month now. We have gotten some good votes in lately. The boy votes were leading the way by a comfortable margin up until today! Its getting neck and neck.

Just for fun I thought we could look at those old wives tales and see what they say Baby K must be!

1) If you're carrying high, break out the pink. If your bump is low, you're carrying a boy.
Hmmm...the bump is pretty small but I would say it is higher - GIRL

2) Baby's Heart Beat - 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy.
Well...we have had only two checks of the heart rate. At 6 weeks it was 115 then at 16 weeks it was 154. The six week one was pretty early so if we went with the 154 it would be a GIRL

3) Craving sweet stuff means it's a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it's a boy.
I mean I can always go for some good chocolate now. Early on I really didn't want anything to do with sweet but HAD to have salty stuff - still do! That would mean BOY

4) Legend has it that the Chinese Birth Chart was buried in a royal tomb near Beijing over 700 years ago. "They" say its 90% accurate?
See one HERE. According to the Chinese, I am having a BOY

5) Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy.
I was 29 and the year was 2009. So according to the Mayans, I am having a GIRL

6) If you're breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits.
I have been blessed with pretty good skin...I have had more pimples since getting pregnant than I think I have had my entire life. GIRL

7) Lots of morning sickness? You're having a girl. Not much? You're having a boy.
I was VERY lucky with this...none at all. BOY

Soooo 4 out of 7 of these myths tell me that I am having a GIRL! (oh geez, girls are trouble - I know! I am one!) I am not sure that a 57% chance of having a girl is very telling. Its one or the other that's for sure! We'll find out in less than 48 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment