Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week 20 - Half Way!

Oh my goodness - half way?! It both seems like the time has flown by and crawled by at the same time. But the scariest part is that in approximately 140 days Rick and I will be parents, responsible for another life. Crazy!

New with the baby:
BabyGirl weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now and is about 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to toe. According to BabyCenter.com that's about the size of a banana. Interesting fact: for the first 20 weeks measurements are taken from the top of her head to her bottom. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.

New with me:
Well last week I kept waking up in the middle of the night because of some crazy dreams I was having. I can't remember all the details - tornados, choking people, cruise ship, dinosaur bones etc - you know, the usual stuff. I would be up for an hour or two, having a hard time getting back to sleep. Annoying! It seems to have abated a bit in the last few days (knock on wood). I have also started to experience some mild indigestion. Nothing painful but annoying enough for me to pop some Tums every night. BabyGirl doesn't seem to like real spicy stuff - and now onions! I LOVE onions - boohoo.

Running & Exercise:
Thursday: BodyPump class and 20 minutes on the elliptical
Friday: Run 4 miles with Meredith and Murphy
Saturday: Because it was so cold (for Charlotte at least) - wind chill at 9 degrees, Meredith and I went to the Y and swam for 30 minutes and then did the elliptical for 20 minutes.
Sunday: Nothing
Monday: BodyPump class and 20 minutes on the elliptical (I really need to get in the pool!)
Tuesday: Run (and walk) with Murphy for 45 minutes. I was having some round ligament pain which was annoying at times to make me walk for a minute or two at a stretch. I felt this despite wearing my fancy schmancy support belt. Actually when I adjusted it a bit lower it did seem to go away and I was able to finish my run and not be late to work!
Wednesday: Ran 4 miles with April, Chief and Murphy. This run went MUCH better. No pain! What was the difference this time? I did put the belt on lower like at the end of my run yesterday. Perhaps that's it?

Big moments this week:
Started my school semester on Monday. I am taking an online English writing class, a Monday/Wednesday night Marketing class, two Graphic Design classes which will take place ALL day on Fridays, and then I am working at an internship 12 hours a week for school credit. Busy busy. Though I just happily found out that the English class and the Marketing class are both just half semester classes! I will be done with those at the beginning of March. Woohoo! The semester will be over at the beginning of May. My goal this semester is to make it out with my 4.0 GPA and really to just make it out of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment