Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 21 - Growing Pains


21 week belly shot

New with the Baby:
BabyGirl should now weigh about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long, or as BabyCenter.com says - the length of a carrot. Why use such a skinny vegetable to make a comparison? The boxing routine that we saw on the ultrasound a few weeks ago has now been undeniably felt by me. I think it started last Thursday - I guess right after I finished my last blog entry. Up until then the movements were so faint that I wasn't sure what I was feeling. Now I definitely know. I can feel her knocking around in there when I am sitting down - so when I am at work and at school. Its pretty neat to be listening to my teacher talk and feel BabyGirl's movements.

New with Me:
Not much - I feel like I have gotten MUCH bigger. There have been a lot of the growing pains (or round ligament pains as they call it) lately. I went for a run on Tuesday and thought I didn't need to wear my super duper support belt and boy was I wrong! The pain from that mingled with some discomfort I have been feeling in my upper right thigh stopped the run at one minute long. So that belt is now going to be a mandatory part of my running attire. I've also been worrying that I am eating too much lately. I love my snacks...and I love carbo filled snacks. I bought a huge bag of animal crackers from the store the other day and I love just gnoshing on those. I'm afraid all of these carbs will grow a big baby (and a big mommy) !! I guess I'll ask again on Monday at my doctor's appointment. See if I am on a good weight gain track.

Running & Exercise:
Thursday: BodyPump class and 20 minutes on the elliptical
Friday: Run 4 miles with Brooke, April and Murphy - went well!
Saturday: Run 5 miles with Colleen, April, Meredith, Tara and Murphy - it was so fun to have a big group to run with again! Tara has joined us for the first time postpartum and did awesome. I am very impressed with her come-backedness. Also, this was a faster run than I have done in awhile. I felt pretty good while doing it but I was sure ready to be done. I think I tweaked my right thigh muscle on this run....boooo...
Sunday: Nuttin
Monday: BodyPump class and walk with Murphy for 25 minutes
Tuesday: Failed attempt at a run so Murph and I ran for 1 minute and walked for 29 minutes.
Wednesday: Swam for 30 minutes (I think I am 1-2 weeks away from being indecent in my bathing suit...the belly is pulling the swimsuit down and showing more and more of my upper half!) Then I rode the bike for 20 minutes

Hooray Moments This Week:
1) Definitely feeling BabyGirl move - its so fun to have her constant little presence in my life.
2) We're getting the nursery done more and more...we painted the furniture this weekend and I put the new quilt on the queen sized bed in there. I also bought crib bedding off of craigslist! I love it! I cannot wait to get a crib so I can get it all set up. Next to do is customizing some curtains with some ribbon, getting them hung up and then I will feel like I can leave the room alone for awhile. There are plenty of other projects in the house to be done.
3) Learning that my brother and his wife are expecting again! Baby Cuzzin will be born sometime in mid-July! Hooray!
4) Had dinner with some neighbor friends on Friday night. Rob and Julie brought little Kate over (born in September) and Tara and Jim brought little Norah over (born in November). It will be so fun to have our little neighborhood 'parents of little girls club'. See the picture below...

What a great week! -- Hooray!
Tara, Norah, Julie and Kate

2 comments:

  1. how fun! you are exercising a lot for being prego! you go girl! Just don't overdo it! Love the picture of Tara..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may feel like you're getting much bigger, but you look great! Keep up all the good things, eating well and exercising and I'm sure it will pay off for you and the baby in the end! Can't believe our little miracles will be growing up together! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete