Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Weeks 18 & 19


19 week belly shot

There was no Week 18 post because it went by in a blur with all the holiday excitement and finding out that we are going to have a baby girl!

New with the baby:
As of 19 weeks BabyGirl has a brain that is growing and growing! Some research suggests that she may be able to hear my voice now. Guess I need to start reading Shakespeare and listening to Mozart for our future baby genius! She evidently weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large apple!

New with me:
I'm boring which I think is GREAT! Feeling pretty darn good. There have been some feelings of light headedness but I just make sure to have a snack to help bring that blood pressure back into where it should be. The belly is getting bigger...less of my pants fit. I am on a quest to find some maternity jeans that fit. I went and bought some Motherhood Maternity jeans with the waistline that pulls right over the belly...they felt great in the store but then when I wore them around the house for an hour the next day they kept slipping down! Annoying! I am also going to need some work pants soon. Buying maternity pants is not my idea of fun. Oh and at my doctor's appointment they said that I gained 3lbs since the last visit two weeks earlier! That's ahead of their 1lb a week recommendation - whoops! Let's blame it on the holidays.

Runing & Exercise Week 18 12/24-12/30:

Thursday: Run with Murphy 4 miles
Friday: Nuttin - its Xmas!
Saturday: Not feeling so great, another nuttin day
Sunday: Run 6 miles with Murphy - went well!
Monday: BodyPump class and 20 min on the elliptical...then tried Prenatal Yoga for the first time. I liked it - very relaxed. It was good to go to something just for preggos.
Tuesday: Run 4 miles with April and Meredith
Wednesday: Hmmm can't remember - run?

Running & Exercise Week 19 12/31-1/5:

Thursday: BodyPump class and 20 min on the elliptical
Friday: Nuttin - lazy New Year's Day
Saturday: Run 6 miles with Meredith and Murph -- ooh and painted BabyGirl's room!
Sunday: Nuttin (are you all impressed with my ability to do nuttin' so often! :)
Monday: Swim 30 minutes (pool is open again at the Y!) and BodyPump class. That evening went to Prenatal Yoga again.
Tuesday: Run 4 chilly miles (21 degrees!) with Murph and Meredith
Wednesday: Nuttin

No comments:

Post a Comment