Wednesday, April 28, 2010

35 Weeks


35 week bumpity bump

35 weeks - wow! Only two weeks away to the time where BabyGirl can be considered full term. I'm not ready! I have so many things I need/want to do! I have things to organize, things to wash, things to clean and things to decorate! Not to mention trying to get my business going more - which I haven't had a chance to do yet. (sigh)

It was another busy week - though I can definitely feel it slowing down every week. I had a wedding to coordinate on Saturday and then that evening we hosted a couples wedding shower for our friends Marc & Chris who will be married in two weeks! It was a long and very awesome day.

34 Week Doctor Checkup:
On Thursday, Rick and I went to the doctor. Everything checked out great. My weight actually stayed the same as the the previous appointment (yay). BabyGirl's heartbeat was at 135...still in the healthy range. I get mildly concerned that it has been going down each time we've been to the doctor but they tell me that it is very common for that to happen. Getting ready to come into the real world. I am measuring right on track for my due date.
I talked to the doctor about my fear of having a big baby. What he said actually made me feel a lot better and took away a lot of my anxiety. What will be, will be. There is no way to fully determine how big the "passenger" is - and no way to know how big the "passage" is. We'll find out on D-Day. If I can do it, then I can do it...if not, then there are other ways to get the baby out.

I will go to the doctor again in a week and a half - supposed to be two weeks, but I wanted to see my regular doctor, Dr. Lucas. He is seeing patients on Monday, May 3rd so that's when I am going in again. After this appointment, I will go to the doctor every week.

New with the baby:
Things are getting tight in there. She is taking up more and more room. She should be about 18 inches and about 5.25lbs - like a honeydew melon they say. Just because she doesn't have as much room, doesn't mean she is moving around any less. She is still getting her punches in for sure.


New with me:
I am getting up once every night now to have to go to the bathroom. I have been able to go back to sleep so hopefully last week's sleeping problems will stay away. Though with the weather getting warmer and warmer, I can see my peaceful sleeping getting harder and harder. I've made a few doctor's appointments. Went to go see the dermatologist. With all the increased blood flow a pregnant woman's skin can change. Since I hadn't had the skin checked out in quite a few years, I thought this would be a good time to get it looked at. Everything turned out fine. They did take a biopsy of a spot on my upper right thigh. Boy is that an uncomfortable place to have a wound - especially pregnant! It made situating myself to go to sleep even more difficult and sometimes the seatbelt would rub against it. Just not a fun place. I also am going to the podiatrist tomorrow. I was having some pain in my left arch - as soon as I made the appointment, it seemed to go away - of course. At least I might get some new orthotics out of it!


Running & Exercise:
Thursday: BodyPump
Friday: slept in
Saturday: run/walk 3plus miles with Rick and Murphy. Yes, I said Rick! this is the second time I have gotten him to come out running with me - I get so excited when he actually says he'll run with me. We used to run a lot together when we first met...now I know that was just a show :)
Sunday: walk for 45 minutes with Rick and Murphy - two days in a row Rick has come out with me! Murphy and I were so happy.
Monday: BodyPump and prenatal yoga
Tuesday: slept in
Wednesday: Run/walk 3 miles with Murphy - it was hard this morning

In other news, it is definitely spring in Charlotte! I planted some flowers over the past couple of weeks and our clemantis, roses and azaleas are all a bloomin'! If our grass would just cooperate, our backyard looks great! You can also see the new color on the fence. Rick stained it that brick red a few weeks ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment