Wednesday, May 5, 2010

36 Weeks - Woohoo!

not the best quality pic but it was a sweet moment between me, BabyGirl and MurphDogg

4 weeks, 28 days, one month...yay! I have a feeling she is going to be late but for now I'll just focus on those 28 days. Though I am still feeling the anxiety I was having last week! I have a to-do list that is a mile long - both baby and non-baby related. If I get that to-do list done then she'll be late...if I don't get that to-do list done then she'll probably come early.

New with the baby:
So she could be weighing about 6lbs right now. I have some clothes right now that will fit a six pound baby! At the end of this week, she'll be considered full-term. Here's a little fact for you...babies before 37 weeks are pre-term, 37-42 weeks are full term and 42 plus is post-term. Let's not have a post-term baby!

Doctor's Visit:
Went to the doctor on Monday. I had gained 4lbs in a week and a half! I blame it on the buy-one-get-one-free Klondike bars offer at the grocery store! Yeah, those things are long gone. They make new flavors now. We got Krunch and Reese's...YUMMY! But I won't be doing that Klondike episode again! But the doctor said that my weight is "acceptable". I am at about 30lbs gained. This is still in the average section - so I think I should be more than acceptable! I was still measuring on track for 36 weeks and baby's head is supposedly pointing down. Her heart rate was 152 this time. Isn't that interesting how it had been going down and now its up to 152? It could be different every five minutes that we take it I know.

New with Me:
I wake up a few times a night with a sore side - the weight that I am putting on one side or another makes things pretty uncomfortable. Breathing from time to time is quite uncomfortable. To make room for the growing baby, my lungs are getting squashed. Sometimes going up the stairs is a physical feat in itself! Also less and less clothing is fitting these days. I'm needing longer shirts so that I am not showing belly or the unattractive elastic waistband of my clothes. I find dresses are becoming more comfortable for that reason. Finally I am getting tired more easily. It doesn't help that I haven't been able to slow down too much with my other activities...nor do I really want to! At 5-6pm I seem to be at my most tired and then I can find a second wind to finish up some projects.

Exercise and Running:
Thursday: BodyPump
Friday: nothing
Saturday: Swim for 30 minutes - coordinated a wedding
Sunday: was going to run but it was too hot/humid! Walked for 40 minutes with Rick - what a good husband.
Monday: BodyPump, 20 minutes elliptical and Prenatal Yoga
Tuesday: Walk 45 minutes with Murphy
Wednesday: Walk/Run 3 miles

What I'm looking forward to (the selfish list):
-A cold turkey sandwich - I have had a couple of turkey sandwiches throughout the pregnancy but knowing its on the do not eat list makes me feel a bit guilty
-BEER! I've sipped off of Rick's and taken half of his here and there but I can't wait to have one (or two) of my own!
-Sleeping on my stomach - man oh man I miss this a lot more than I thought I would...especially now that it hurts to sleep on my side!
-Sushi - have had this once or twice during the pregnancy but can't wait for a good meal of it without worry.

What I'm looking forward to (the mommy list):
-I can't wait to meet this little girl and hold her and squeeze her and love her.
-I can't wait to look at her and try to figure out who she looks like - where did she get that nose (hopefully not mine), who's eyes does she have etc etc
-I can't wait to find out who she is going to be. Will she like sports, will she be a math wiz, will she be a girly girl, will she like to sing/play an instrument?
-I just can't wait!

What I will miss:
-Having this baby girl all to myself - all the wiggles and pokes from inside. I'll miss that feeling.
-The stretchy pants (maybe not all of them have to go away!)
-Getting a little extra help from people - though this doesn't happen too often
-Not much else - happy I found these three things to put on the list! :)

1 comment: