Tuesday, August 24, 2010

12 Weeks

Well this is kind of funny - Samantha is officially 12 weeks old which would mean that she is 3 months old but I don't feel like she is 3 months old until the 30th of the month which isn't until next week!

Just this past week - even the past few days - I have noticed that she is reaching out for toys and such now. This is definitely new.

She has also started sucking on her hands. She prefers them to a pacifier which I hear is both a good and a bad thing. Good because she can control those fingers and she can find them in the middle of the night as compared to a pacifier which she can't necessarily control and definitely can't find when it falls out of her mouth. Bad because it is a hard habit to break if it becomes a problem later. You can't take away her fingers!

I've noticed she is sucking mostly on her pointer fingers which was actually my finger of choice when I was younger. Can that be a trait that is passed on? Here I caught her in action!


Samantha is also quite the spitter-upper (that's a technical term). I swear both her and I go through 3-4 outfits a day. It doesn't seem to bother her and she seems to be gaining weight and if her diapers are any gauge there is definitely enough getting into her. So this is mainly a laundry issue - as the pediatricians like to say. This is another trait that I hope she outgrows soon though.

She's a continual joy to our lives. I tell people that on average she's awesome. She has her moments where it seems like a demon has taken control of her but overall I feel that she is a very good baby and has been little trouble. She seems adaptable to different people, places and situations. So much to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment