Monday, August 30, 2010

Mommy's First Weekend Away

I didn't think I would be able to do it, but I did and I think that I'm a better mother and Rick is a better father for it. I left Samantha this past weekend to go on a girls beach trip to Sunset Beach, NC. My friend, Brooke, was able to work out a trade with one of her personal training clients for a beach house for the weekend. A lot of the girls went down on Thursday night but I didn't think I could be away that long so I drove Tara and myself down on Friday evening.

We had a lot of fun. There was games and laughs and drinking and beach time. There were 14 girls staying in the house. Since I was there last I got the air mattress on the floor.

I missed Samantha a TON. Especially since I am still exclusively breast feeding and I had to go and disappear from the fun and pump. That wasn't so much fun. Rick and Samantha did great. He said it was an adjustment with getting up in the middle of the night to feed her and get a bottle ready. But he did really well...I knew he would. Okay, to be honest I was a little worried about the middle of the night feedings but I shouldn't have been!


playing dominoes on the beach with Jenn and Ashley!

the crew playing board games

all of the girls out to dinner the last night

No comments:

Post a Comment