Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tara & Jimmy are married!

This past weekend we celebrated the wedding of our good friends Tara & Jimmy! I was proud to be one of Tara's bridesmaids. I met her 5 years ago at the YMCA at 6am as a part of the Y-Runners group. I met many of my good friends there. Thanks Y!

It wasn't just a one day affair but a whole weekend of fun. Thursday night they get together for friends and out of town guests at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille.

We took this awesome family shot that night...

Samantha got to show off a lot of her cute cute party dresses this weekend. Here was Thursday's...


The poor thing had gone to get her two month immunization shots that day and had a rough afternoon. I was supposed to go get my nails done with Tara, her mother, grandmother and Meredith but instead I was trying to console my hurting baby. Thank goodness for baby acetaminophen! I can't say Baby Tylenol because all the infant Tylenol products are still under recall and I had to buy the Target generic brand. It still worked very well. My poor baby.

On Friday, Tara hosted a wonderful Bridesmaids luncheon at the North Harbor Club...and it was actually more than just the bridesmaids...it was all the female family and visitors from out of town. It was such a nice group of ladies. The North Harbor Club was really nice. I will have to go back there when its a bit cooler and sit outside looking at the water on Lake Norman.

Here is Samantha's cute outfit for the luncheon (seriously its all about the outfits)...

Friday evening was the rehearsal at St. Peter's....



Samantha was very good during the rehearsal...this is what she did the whole hour that we were there in her cute brown outfit...

The rehearsal dinner at the Charlotte City Club which I had never been to before. It had some beautiful views of the city and the space was gorgeous! I was in love with the chandeliers there...


Here is Meredith holding Samantha...

Samantha did not do as well during dinner as she did during the rehearsal. As soon as the salad was served she got restless and I missed most of the dinner (sigh).

But then afterwards, Jimmy's parents hosted a cocktail reception at the Westin Lobby bar that really was quite fancy. There was a food buffet for the kids as well as the adults. The kid's mac n' cheese was not to be beat though!

Here are Tara and I at the cocktail reception. Rick and Samantha let mom have a night out...

The wedding was gorgeous...it was a warm day but the humidity was a bit reduced that day. Samantha came to the ceremony and then spent the afternoon/evening with Rick's parents and sister Lori. Before she went home, we took a moment for a family photo.

Then the proud parents each had to take a picture with the cute baby girl.


Tara and Jimmy rented the trolley to get the bridal party to the reception. I had it at my wedding too and I just love it. It adds a really festive air to things.


The reception was at Byron's Southend Atrium. It was a really neat modern and contemporary place to have a party. It was so much fun...there were a lot of my friends there and I had a lot of fun dancing and talking to everyone.


This is a picture of the girls that I met at the YMCA when running. Kelli, Meredith, Tara, Megan with her son James and then of course me. None of us go to that YMCA anymore and Megan moved to LA, but we formed some great friendships very early in the mornings.


Here are some more pics of the party...
Geoff, Brian, Rick and Tim

More running buddies! April, Brooke, Tara, Me and Meredith

Tara and I

The happy family


Jimmy and the girls! Keri, Colleen, Brooke, me, April and Jen

What a fun party!

On Sunday morning there was a casual breakfast gathering at the Westin. It was good to et a chance to say goodbye to Tara and Jimmy's family and friends that I had spent the weekend with.

Congratulations Tara & Jimmy!


No comments:

Post a Comment