Thursday, January 27, 2011

Christmas in Florida

Sammie's first Christmas was such a fun one. We drove down to Florida to Grandma and Grandpa Lerch's place. We left on Friday, December 17th and drove to our friends' (Scott and Kristy) place outside of Savannah. Samantha had fun poking at Evan who was born in September.

Karate Kick! Evan Huntley 3 months, Samantha 6 months

We got to Florida on Saturday and had such a wonderful week with my family. Everybody was able to come. Debbie, Carsten and Maxx flew in from Stockholm; LeeAnn, Nolan and Tory flew in from Milwaukee; so did Gary, Renata, Lukas and Luisa.

I took a run on Sunday down to Fort Myers Beach. I ran across the San Carlos bridge and the view was beautiful. I guess it was about 6-7 miles.

pier down on Fort Myers Beach

We had a great time swimming!

Daddy and Sammie - all smiles after a dip in Grandma and Grandpa's pool

basking in the sun

that Dove box is taaaaaasty

showing Maxx how things are done in the hot tub

Mom and Sammy enjoying the day

Grandma and Sammie - all smiles!

hangin' out

One day we went out to visit Santa. Nolan and Tory were good sports to come along!



cutie in the "snow"

posin' with Grandma

We had to do our "Christmas Eve" early because LeeAnn, Nolan and Tory had to go back home early. We took some family photos first...


The Schaffs

The Lerchs

The Brautigams

The Kosiks

Proud grandparents

siblings!

Then we got down to the business of opening up gifts!

Samantha's favorite part was eating the wrapping paper!


posing in my new rad pjs

yummy new gift

Lukas loving on his sister

going WILD in the jumperoo

Maxx loves Samantha's xylophone!

playing with the toys the morning after - they rock!

I went for another long run the next day. I decided that I would try running over the bridge to Sanibel. It was beautiful. I was wondering though why I wasn't seeing more runners along the way! It wasn't until the way back that I saw the no pedestrians sign! Whoops! I'm glad I got to do it once though.

top of the big bridge on the way over to Sanibel

On Christmas Eve we had such wonderful weather so we took Samantha over to Sanibel to play in the sand a little bit. She loved it. It was funny...she tried and tried to get the sand in her mouth. It was so fine that at first it was just flowing through her fingers. Then as her hands got a little wet she was successful in getting it into her mouth...and a LOT of it!

a new way to stroll the beach

Merry Christmas!

deeeeeelish!

We drove home the whole way on Christmas Day. Samantha was such a trooper in the car. She ate and slept so well. Thank goodness!
My first Christmas...in a car

No comments:

Post a Comment